NOW WHAT?!?!?!

June 16, 2014

Since my grandfather passed I have kind of been in a rut and tried to figure out what to do now. A week after he passed we have been non-stop redoing the house and preparing for his bbq memorial. Now that is all over I am a bit out of sorts. When I took care of my grandfather I lost the momentum in taking care of me. So after much pondering I have decided I am going to work on me. Everyday I walk my little Nella girl (our huskador) 6 miles a day and sometimes I throw the bike in there for another 3-6 miles.  So I am back at it and I feel so much better.

Also I have been working on projects and doing some work from home deals. I am loving being able to be at home and spend time with family and work on me. Never in my life did I think I would get the chance to no longer work and focus on me. The hardest part is having a thyroid issue and having to deal with the depression and weight gain that comes with it. So even when I am eating healthy and working out I don't always lose weight an sometimes I gain some. So I am learning new tricks to what can help me. 

One of the biggest tricks I have found that has helped is:

Body Fit Suana Suit 
BodyFit Sauna Suit





Since I retain a lot of water I drop anywhere between 1-2lbs a day. It is so gross to see how much I sweat when I take it off after my morning walk. I only wear this on my morning walk. Remember to drink a large glass of water after because you will be dehydrated.

I have found eating organic is so important. It keeps the toxins out of our bodies such as pesticides along with no additives and GMO. Plus higher level of vitamin c and essential minerals.

Gluten free is another way I go. Having Hashimotos I am intolerant to gluten. The gluten protein is very similar to the thyroid. If your immune system is attacking the gluten it will continue to search for 'gluten like' cells in your body (i.e. thyroid). That's how the body doesn't recognize 'self'. It is wise to be gluten free as it will reduce the immune systems attack on the thyroid. Being GF works for me. My digestion is so much better. I actually have enough energy to cook & clean up, where I didn't before. I sleep better because of the better digestion. To me it makes a huge difference. Also research shows that te half life for gluten antibodies is typically 3-4 months. Meaning it would take at least that long for gluten to be purged from the system. So completely staying away from food that has gluten in it has been helping a lot.

Being soy free. A lot of people think soy is good for them especially those that are vegetarian or vegan. Soy is estrogen-like. It’s role as a natural hormone replacement was recommend for many years because soy contains isoflavones, which are similar to estrogen. While isoflavones may act like estrogen, they can block the more potent natural estrogens from binding to the estrogen receptor. It also can affect your thyroid because soy is a goitrogen (meaning that it promotes the growth of a goiter), it can slow thyroid function, and sometimes, trigger thyroid disease if taken in large quantities. Also 93% of soy is GM. Soybean oil is processed with Hexane which is a chemical solvent. So that is why I stay away from soy and that's why you should too.

Lastly being dairy free. I will say I like an occasion egg and some cheese every now and again. However I really try to avoid it. Dairy can react the same way as gluten in your body. The body’s immune system reacts to this food as if it were Gluten. Your body thinks that milk or better yet the protein casein in milk is Gluten. So if you have some sensitivities to these above try avoiding them for 30 days and see how you feel. Especially if you have a thyroid issue.

So here are some tips that may help you in the long run.

♥XO{ST}

No comments :

Post a Comment